Northern Colorado Bankruptcy Creditors Harassment
When a bank or any other business becomes oppressive, harassing, or abusive for collecting debt, it comes under Creditor harassment. Though this practice is not covered by law, you can still get help from consumer credit laws. Your creditor may call your home at odd hours, or may even call your friends and family without your prior permission. Debt collectors are always stereotyped as the harshest people and need to be dealt in a professional manner. This is when you need to hire an expert Colorado attorney like Sumner Law Office. Your creditor will no longer disturb you or use obscene language once you have made us your legal representative.
What may an abusive debt collector try to do against you?
· He can contact your employer to talk about your debt.
· Keep calling you until you pay of debt.
· Sell your debt to another debt collection company.
· Visit your neighbors to talk about your debt.
· May inform homeland security department and give false status statement about you.
· Use threats of criminal penalty or sentence.
· May report your vehicle (for which you haven’t made payments) as stolen.
· May file bad check charges against you.
· He can sue for “settlement before legal action”; even though he doesn’t have the authority to do so.